Thursday, December 12, 2019
Friday, January 10, 2020, 9:30am
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 9:00am
Thursday, January 16, 2020
How does a STEM-based emphasis mixed with a Makers Initiative provide for student owned learning while amplifying important content standards and essential college and career pathways? Make it Your Own: STEM and Makers in the Middle School for All Teachers answers this question through the facilitation of a professional learning community of STEM and Makers educators by providing training, a collection of resources, and connections to a diverse community of stakeholders. Educators will explore ways to implement STEM and Makers pedagogy into any curriculum, a process that allows students to “do”, “make”, and discover their strengths and passions.
· Why Makers’ (alignment with STEM), and Development of Visions, Goals, and Organizational Systems
· Exploration of Activities, Sites, Resources aligned with standards
· Application Opportunities that will build a Makerspace Resource Collaborative repository of lessons, reflections, and idea sharing
· Training which may help with a school’s STEM certification
· The opportunity to be a member of the NE Indiana Makers Professional Learning Community
We are encouraging teams to be comprised of a variety of content and special area teachers. Although teams of 4 are preferred, teams of 2 will be considered from smaller schools.
· Teams of 4 will receive $1000 mini grant and $1400 in materials gifted per school
· Teams of 2 will receive $400 mini grant and $800 in materials gifted per school
· Professional Development training provided for 3 days valued at $800/teacher. (School/district will absorb the cost of substitute teachers.)
· 19 Professional Growth Points/teacher for the 3 days of attendance which qualifies as your externship requirement for license renewal
NOTE: A signed letter of support from a building principal or a superintendent is required for participation. Form will be sent upon registration.
Two cohorts will be offered on these 2020 dates (Space is limited):
· Cohort 1 January 8, February 3, February 24
· Cohort 2 January 9, February 4, February 25
Application Deadline is October 1, 2019. Click HERE to apply.
Click Here to view brochure